10 Best Telescope Accessories
Meade #505 Connector Cable Set 07505 for Autostar computer w/ Meade ETX-90 ETX-105 ETX-125 telescopes
Meade #505 Connector Cable Set 07505, which lets you connect ETX-90, ETX-105 or ETX-125 scope , Autostar, and PC, is included with Meade Astrofinder Packagebut can be purchased separately. # 505 Meade Cable Set consists of a 6' cable, plus a DB-9 serial adapter, to connect your Telescope Accessories to your laptop or PC to control the Telescope Accessories and download updated Autostar programs and the orbital elements of satellites, comets, and asteroids from the Meade website. A second 3' cable lets you connect two scopes to clone information from one scope to the other.
For use with a DB-9 serial port-equipped PC only. If you have a laptop with a USB port instead of a DB-9 serial port you will have to purchase a USB to serial adapter from your local computer store.
- Meade #505 Connector Cable Set 07505:
- DB-9 serial adapter
- 6' cable
- 3' cable
Using accessories such as Cameras, Lens Shades, Tele-Extenders and the 2" Diagonal will affect the balance of your Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope . Celestron 25 lb. Counterweight for CGE Mount - 91525-2 restores proper balance, increasing ease in handling and improved tracking accuracy.
You don't need perfect balance to operate your Celestron Telescope . In fact, it's not always possible to achieve perfect balance with fixed-position Weights . All you need to do is reduce, or eliminate, swing when R.A. and DEC locks are released. Celestron #25 Counterweight for Celestron CGE Mount helps you achieve the desired balance and stability with ease.
- Celestron 25 lb Extra Counterweight fot CGE Mount (item 91525-2)
TeleVue 2.0x Powermate PMT-2200 (2" / 1.25" 2x fully corrected image amplifier, Barlow replacement)
TeleVue 2.0x Powermate PMT-2200 is a compact, high power, fully corrected image amplifier. Tele Vue line consists of a negative doublet plus a positive "pupil-correcting" doublet. TeleVue Powermate 4-element system provides the magnifying function of a TeleVue Barlow without its limitations by restoring the field rays back to their original direction, as if the TeleVue Powermate were not there. The result is a pure magnification increase.
TeleVue 2.0x Powermate features include 1 1/4" adapter, brass clamp rings and filter threads. TeleVue 2.0x Powermate accepts TeleVue PTR-2200 T-Ring Adapter.
Specifications for TeleVue 2.0x Powermate PMT2200:
- TeleVue 2.0x Powermate - 2" 2x fully corrected astronomical telescope image amplifier with 1 1/4 in adapter
92 Series 12mm Argon-Purged Waterproof Eyepiece; 2.0-inch O.D.
Meade f/3.3 CCD Focal Reducer/Field Flattener Series 4000 and Variable T-Adapter 07567:
The revolutionary Meade f3.3 CCD Focal Reducer/Field Flattener converts the optical systems of f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Accessories to f/3.3 for ultrafast CCD imaging, and with increased edge of field resolution and color correction.
Mounted in its threaded cell, f/3.3 Meade CCD Focal Reducer attaches to the rear cells of all Meade LX -Series Schmidt-Cassegrain brands and other Schmidt-Cassegrain brands as well and reduces CCD exposure times up to 80%. The 3-element, 41mm clear-aperture optics are multi-coated to maximize light transmission.
Included with each f/3.3 Meade Focal Reducer is a Meade Variable T-Adapter that allows a range of f/ratios between f/3 and f/5 on f/10 Schmidt-cassegrains . F / 3.3 Series 4000 Meade CCD Focal Reducer/Field Flattener may be used with CCD imager s of any brand and chip dimensions and produces spectacular results.
Features of Meade f/3.3 Series 4000 CCD Focal Reducer/Field Flattener and Variable T-Adapter (item 07567):
- Converts the optical systems of f/10 SST to f/3.3
- Provides ultrafast CCD imaging with increased edge of field resolution and Color correction
- 3-element multi-coated optics
- 41mm clear aperture
- Variable T-Adapter is included
- Meade f/3.3 CCD Focal Reducer/Field Flattener Series 4000
- Meade Variable T-Adapter
Vixen/TeleVue Mount Adapter AVT-1011 is shaped to fit the Vixen mount dovetail, with additional holes spaced to fit the Tele Vue mount cradles. In addition to fitting both mounts, the adapter attaches to all Tele Vue telescopes and the Coronado PST and SolarMax scopes.
The real beauty is that the Vixen/TeleVue Mount Adapter can stay attached to the telescope's mount ring for easy, instant switching between Tele Vue and Vixen equatorial mounts and Porta mounts. All the hardware necessary to attach the adapter to the Telescope Accessories and the Telescope Accessories is supplied.
- Vixen/TeleVue Mount Adapter AVT1011
The basic means of photography through any Meade ETX Telescope or ETX Series Meade Spotting Scope, Meade T-Adapter #64 - 07363 threads to the rear cell of Meade ETX 90 / 105 / 125 Telescopes, followed by Meade T-mount appropriate to the user's brand of Telescope Accessories. In this way the Telescope Accessories body is rigidly coupled to the Telescope Accessories 's optical system, which in effect becomes the camera's lens. Meade T Adapter #64 is an accessory for Meade ETX Telescopes 90 / 105 / 125 as well as for Meade ETX 125 Spotting Scopes and Meade ETX-90 Spotting Scopes.
- Meade T-Adapter #64 for Meade ETX 90 / 105 / 125 Telescopes - 07363
Looking for great atlas with sky maps and sky charts as well as tons of useful information then Meade Star Chart Guide / Planisphere Map Atlas 09103-1 is right atlas for you. Meade Star Chart / Star Finder 09103-1 is a great atlas to have by your side, it is actually a must thing to have for a beginner astronomer.
- Meade Star Chart Guide / Planisphere Map Atlas 09103-1
Features of Meade Star Chart Guide / Planisphere Map Atlas 09103-1:
- Includes basic star map/star chart (The Glow-in-the-Dark Star Finder) that glows in the dark and can be rotated to find exact loaction of constalation at specific year and month.
- Contains Seasonal Star Charts
- List of Constellations
- Visual illustrations of Galaxies and Nebulaes
- Explanation of Star Types and Characteristics of the stars.
NexYZ fits any eyepiece from 30 mm to 60 mm in diameter including telescopes with 1.25 and 2 eyepieces, spotting scopes, monoculars, and binoculars. NexYZ will also attach to microscopes with the addition of the included microscope adapter ring, which takes the usable diameter down to 25 mm, the size of a standard microscope eyepiece. A strong spring and a threaded twist lock provide a two-level strong and secure grip on the optical instruments eyepiece so you can image with confidence.
NexYZ also accommodates a huge range of smartphones. The phone platform is fully adjustable and can fit any deviceusually with the case still on. Even larger phablets like the iPhone 8 Plus and latest Samsung Galaxy devices work perfectly. The secure platform stands up the weight of these heavier devices with ease.
If multiple people want to capture a shot through your optic, NexYZs simple spring-loaded clamps make it easy to remove one device and replace it with another in seconds. NexYZ is the ideal solution for star parties and group bird walks where everyone wants their own shot of the action.
Easy as X-Y-Z
What makes NexYZ different from other smartphone adapters? The three-axis adjustment. Most adapters rely on you placing your phone perfectly on the platform and only offer limited adjustment in two axes. But NexYZ gives you the power to place your phone on the platform, center it over the eyepiece with the X and Y knobs, and then move up or down over the eyepiece until you have the entire field of view in your shot.
And even though this adjustment is ultra-precise, its still quicker and easier than with other adapters. From start to finish, the process takes only take about 30 seconds, including the time it takes to insert the phone into NexYZ, attach NexYZ to an eyepiece, start the camera app, and center the camera over the eyepiece using the knobs. If you switch phones, eyepieces, or optical instruments, you will need only slight adjustments to re-center the camera over the new eyepiece.
You can also switch your image from portrait to landscape simply by turning the padded eyepiece clamp and readjusting the X, Y, and Z axis to realign your phone with the eyepiece.
NOTE: NexYZ fits telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes. It will not fit riflescopes. NexYZ will work with most phone cases, but if you have an especially large phone case with built-in batteries or a folio style case, Celestron recommends removing it for optimal use.
Specifications for Celestron NexYZ 3-Axis Universal Smartphone Adapter:
|Additional Features:||Fits all 35 mm to 60 mm eyepiece diameters|
|Included Accessories:||Includes 21 mm adapter ring for microscope eyepieces|
Features of Celestron NexYZ 3-Axis Universal Smartphone Adapter:
- NexYZ connects your smartphone to your telescope
- spotting scope
- and microscope so you can capture images and video through the eyepiece
- Works with a wide range of mobile phone models
- including all the latest devices from Samsung
- and Apple
- Unlike other adapters
- NexYZ features three directional knobs (X
- and Z axis) that perfectly align your phones camera with the eyepiece in seconds so you are ready to snap the perfect image
- NexYZ stands up to rigorous field use thanks to its robust
- durable construction with a metal frame and polymer body
- Smartphone Adapter Instructions:
- Connect The Adapter:
- For Telescopes
- and Spotting Scopes:
- Squeeze the lever to open the clamp
- Position the clamp around the eyepiece and release
- Tighten the safety lock.
- For Microscopes:
- Choose one of the two provided adapter rings that best fits your microscopes eyepiece and secure it in place
- (You may need to remove the eyepiece from the microscope to install the ring.) Then
- follow the instructions above.
- Attach Your Phone:
- NeXYZ works with regular phone cases
- but you will need to remove folio-style cases
- Extend the slider
- Place your phone on the platform
- making sure the bottom is touching the rubber base
- Release the slider
- Your phone is now secure and ready for imaging.
- Align and Shoot:
- Open your camera app
- Position your phone over the eyepiece using the X and Y axis knobs
- use the Z axis knob to move closer or further away from the eyepiece until you have achieved your desired framing
- adjust the focus using the focuser on your optics and snap the image.
The JMI Mobile Telescope Carrying Case for Meade LX is one of the best telescope accessories for the protection and portability of your Meade LX Telescope. Each JMI telescope accessory case is designed for its telescope, including die-cut foam for a snug fit, lockable latches for security, and steel-reinforced handles for durability. The Meade LX 10" telescope case by JMI Telescopes is equipped with four latches (two lockable), while the 12" and 14" have 6 latches each (four lockable). The 12" and 14" telescope boxes feature extendable handles and rugged wheels for added ease. Store your telescope the right way with JMI Carrying bins for Meade LX.
- 10" Meade LX case: 36-5/8" x 24-3/4" x 16-5/8"
- 12" Meade LX case: 51-5/8" x 24-7/8" x 19"
- 14" Meade LX case: 51-1/4" x 28-1/4" x 23-3/4"
Specifications for Jim's Mobile Telescope Carrying Case, Various Sizes:
|Weight(empty):||23.2 lbs (10"), 44 lbs (12"), 51.4 lbs (14")|
|Wheels:||On 12" and 14" cases|
Features of Jim's Mobile Incorporated Portable Telescope Case for Meade LX Series:
- Die-cut foam
- Steel-reinforced handles
- Lockable latches
- No hinge for easy storage