The new MeadePlossl Eyepieces Series 5000 60° Apparent Field-of-View 1.25" Barrel Size represent a milestone in design and engineering. The five and six element designs feature tack sharp optical performance which delivers a 40% improvement in corrections for chromatic aberration and edge-distortions over traditional plossl.
Series5000 Meade Plossl eyepieces yield the widest possible fields-of-view, consistent with pinpoint edge-of-field sharpness and contrast. Compare Meade Series-5000 1.25" Plossl Eyepieces' unparalleled 60° apparent field-of-view to any Plossl on the market today. Take a look through the new MeadeSeries 5000 Plossls 1.25 " and rediscover your favorite celestial objects.
Specifications for Meade Series 5000 Plossl Eyepieces 60° Apparent Field-of-View 1.25" Barrel Size:
|Model #:||Focal Length||Barrel Size||Apparent FOV||# of Elements|
Features of Meade Plossl Eyepieces Series5000 60° Apparent Field-of-View 1.25" Barrel Size:
- Wide 60° apparent field-of-view
- Premium grade optical glass
- Individually tuned, multi-layered coatings for maximum light transmission
- Lens edges and all internal metal surfaces are blackened to maximize image contrast
- Parfocal - little or no refocusing required when switching eyepieces
- Long eye relief
- Adjustable twist-up rubber eyeguards
- Great performer, well made.
- Performs like a much more expensive EP
- Not much. They are plossls, but perform as a wide angle EP.
- General purpose